“When creating your own bait, the fisherman travels on their good thoughts. Transports to the river, a favourite, imagine the landscape… the smell of the river… the forest… and even the fish know your bait… He puts on the face your best smile. At this time, is in balance, in a state of grace, or even better: in prayer.”
The statement above seeks to translate the feeling of the lover of the practice of tying, assemble or fabricate a fly, also known as fly tying. Catch a fish with the fly made for you has no price. It is a pleasure to be closely related to the ability of observation and interaction of the angler with the environment of fishing. The great challenge is to present to the fish a bait similar to the food preferred at that time, the day or even time. Get the tools outlined below and start making your own works of art.Prepare your little corner with a table, good lighting, a comfortable chair, good music, and “travel”.
1.Clamp or vise: tool of the first necessity for those who want to tie a fly. It is even possible to do it without the use of a vise of its own for the purpose, improvising with clamps for woodworking, vise wrenches, mandrels, drill and others, but it is much more simple and convenient to use the vise for fly, the investment pays off. It is found in different models and prices, basically in two categories: fixed or swivel. This, as the name says, rotates around it’s own axis and allows maneuvers useful, being more versatile.Makes it easier to turn the hook upside down during the work, in addition to curl evenly some types of materials. Nothing that, with a little more work, it can’t be done with a clamp fixed. One of the important aspects that defines the quality of a vise is the ability it has to attach to both hooks, large and small. The fixing to the work table can be made with “c-clamp” (clamp) or through bases of granite or iron. The advantage of using a database is the mobility, since it can be supported on any surface and prevents scratching “that table”.
- The coil or bobbin:its function is to hold the reel and give tension to the line used to tie materials on the hook. Can be made in different sizes, formats and finishes. The best have a ceramic tip on the inside, to avoid friction and breakage of the line.
- Scissors: is used a lot, is to cut, trim or straighten the tips, among other tasks. It is very important that it is of good quality and that has cut well sharpened, as it will be by cutting detail and accuracy is critical. The scissors should be cutting-edge, and small. To decrease expenses, use scissors to embroidery, or even that of a section of the seam that you already have at home.
- The finalizer of us, or whip finisher:even if you don’t want to give us during the making of the bait, they are required to finish the job. When are not made, can lead to fly apart in the air, or in the first attack of the fish. The finalizer of us, it is very useful for giving finishing to the us.
- Clamp feather or hackle plier: used for holding some kinds of material that will be wrapped on the hook, mainly feathers. It is possible to hold them with the hands, but this is not always possible. Because they are delicate and fragile and tend to break or escape in the moment most critical.
- Tip or bodkin: tool very simple and quite eclectic, it works as the “11th finger” who ties the lures. It has several uses, such as drilling, to separate the material, apply glue in tricky places, to position the line in various situations etc. There are several models available, although any sharp object can be used with reasonable efficiency. With time, you will make your own bodkins, or you can adapt objects such as acupuncture needles, pins and other, and use them as such.
- Dowel line or bobbin threader: used to pass the line through the inside of the coil. Some people prefer to do this operation by sucking on the line with the mouth, which particularly I think is very unhygienic. The passer line is practical and can also be used to pass rubber bands on the inside of the bait, give finish in us or until you pass the line on the reels. Can be steel wire or nylon.
Cygnet Grand Sniper Standard Pod
Wychwood Extricator MLT EVA Rods
Mustad Cod Pennel Rig
Chub Coolstyle Food Bag
Heat – Word of the Week
Middy MX-100 Pole/Feeder Recliner Chair Full Package
Daiwa Mission Bedchair Backrest
Measurements for Cardinal Birdhouses
Glossy hair effect by stephmendes on DeviantArt
Cathay Pacific Business Class Review – HKG-AKL
make your own shawl pin
ESP Stash Jacket
30+ Captivating Kitchen Color Schemes
10 Ways to Stop Ticks from Biting Your Cat
Trey Ganem Personalized Caskets at NFDA
Solid Waste Management Challengies for Cities in …
Hardy Marksman Coarse Rod
Fox Mk2 Illuminated Purple Swinger
Nature Boy Designs Para-Coil Retractor – 4"